It is my belief that no child should go without proper eye care, regardless of socioeconomic or insurance status. As a fellow Madison-schools parent as well as Madison High School alumnus myself, the ability to give back to my community is a blessing. My office provides reduced or no cost eye care and eyewear to Madison Local Schools students for those students and families who demonstrate need.
Dr. Michael Baker, O.D.
2001 Madison High School Graduate
VOS: Vision Outreach for Students
Our community support program has one simple goal: provide any Madison child with a needed eye exam and prescription eyeglasses. Any Madison who simply has the need is able to apply.
Eligible individuals include:
- Madison local schools student
- Demonstrable need of financial hardship.
Our office hosts clinics several times throughout the year specifically for this program. Please see this attached document for program details and policies.
For some individuals, eyeglasses materials may be provided in partnership with the Essilor Vision Foundation’s ‘Changing Life Through Lenses” program for individuals at or below the federal poverty level. We would like to thank the EVF for their support with our local initiative.
If you are interested in this program and would like to check on eligibility for you or a child, please fill out the form below.
We know you have endless options for eye care providers but we could not be more excited to welcome you to Eye Doctors of Madison. Here are a few things to keep in mind about your upcoming appointment:
- Bring in all prescription eyewear (glasses, sunglasses, computer glasses, contact lenses, etc.). Knowing your current products will best allow Dr. Michael A. Baker, O.D. to determine any changes, make recommendations, and customize your vision to suit your needs.
- Bring a photo ID and ALL insurance cards with you to your appointment, both medical insurance and vision care plans.
- Please peruse our Patient Portal prior to your visit. This will allow you to complete or update your general health information and review our office procedures and policies in advance.
- For new patients not utilizing our Patient Portal, we encourage you to complete and review paperwork in our “Essential” Office Forms section.
- We know your time is valuable, so we ask that you arrive NO EARLIER than 10 minutes to your appointment. To be fair - we schedule appointments to dedicate proper time to each and every patient. Patients are seen in the order they are scheduled. You may call us to inquire about early arrival, sometimes we may be able to accommodate early arrivals due to last minute cancellations.
- If you are unable to make your appointment at your scheduled time, please call or email us PRIOR to your scheduled appointment time to allow us the opportunity to allow others to fill your allocated time.
- We're easy to find - but here are directions just in case!
- We're easy to reach - call, email & even messenger!